L/Shire top ten

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: L/Shire top ten

Post  Lawn_Shodan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 am

does the club champion have to play in the singles of the lanarkshire top ten. i thinks not, scottish singles yes, however the top ten should be selected based on form over a few seasons not just the last season. let me know what you guys think.

Lawn_Shodan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the doctor on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Lawn_Shodan wrote:does the club champion have to play in the singles of the lanarkshire top ten. i thinks not, scottish singles yes, however the top ten should be selected based on form over a few seasons not just the last season. let me know what you guys think.

not even scottish singles, only guarantees you champion of champions however it is courtesy to pick them for the scottish singles.

agree with top ten selections geo, consistency is why a top ten player should be selected, not just because they got to a semi etc. plus you need guys who are good to adapt with two bowls for 4s play. most clubs dont pick there champion now from previous year into top ten singles etc, you pick your toughest man who can compete against any1 especially away from home. your singles man must be banker i think in top tens. BRIAN was our banker, he was excellant and competed superbly especially away from home.

the doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danboymu on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:18 pm

who would that singles player be then as Brian is not there , If the champion was picked elsewhere?

Alan young did not play in the singles for the top ten last year but im not sure which one it was???

But i do agree Lawn if you can get a better team by moving things around then i agree , However i dont think that without Brian we have that player at the moment.
danboymu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danboymu on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Lawn_Shodan wrote:does the club champion have to play in the singles of the lanarkshire top ten. i thinks not, scottish singles yes, however the top ten should be selected based on form over a few seasons not just the last season. let me know what you guys think.

However im not sure that form over the last few season count. I thought that was why you pay your fees and stuff for if you have a good season then you deserve to have a crack at the scottish and Lanarkshire the following year.

For instance if you go with form over a few seasons then it will take Gordon a few years to get into any team up there , Where if he has a good season this year then he has earnt his place in teams for the next year.
danboymu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danboymu on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:29 pm

For me though Lawn i think that the best triple for the Lanarkshire would be you , your brother and your dad. I cant see many if any beating you. What you think?

For me that would be 2 points in the bag...........
danboymu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Jedi on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:51 am

Ok here my teams

Top Ten -

Singles - E.Murphy
Pairs - D.Murphy & C.Brown
Triples - R.Blair , A. Flemming & G.Brown Jnr
Fours - D.Walker, A.Young, C.Burton and G.Brown Snr

Top Six - There alot of ways to work this.

Singles - E.Murphy or C.Brown
Pairs - D.Murphy & E.Murphy or D.Walker & C.Brown - C.Brown & A.Flemming
Triples - R.Blair, G.Brown Snr & G.Brown Jnr,

C.Burton, A.Young, A.Flemming, Can be in there to, A.Flemming in triple, with A.Young are the best options. C.Burton in the pairs or Singles is the best options ( Top Six )

I think thats the best Top Ten team you can put out. Maybe tweak possibly swap 1 or 2 players about.

Top Six is hard team to pick. and will need some good thought in it. I think there are some players i mist out and not mentioned that could get in to.

So what you guys think.
Lawn_Jedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danboymu on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:33 am

Really like your top ten , However i would swap A Fleming with A young.

Top six i also like - I would put you in the singles and me and eddie in pairs. However i would have your Dad lead the triple with Big Craig 2nd and Geo skip.

What you think mate?
danboymu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bhillfan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:16 pm

danboymu wrote:Really like your top ten , However i would swap A Fleming with A young.

Top six i also like - I would put you in the singles and me and eddie in pairs. However i would have your Dad lead the triple with Big Craig 2nd and Geo skip.

What you think mate?

right on danny,how that big bugger hasn't got me in top 6 i'll never know Rolling Eyes
bhillfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Shodan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Danny i didnt say the club champion 'censored word' be out in the scottish singles, i asked if the club champion has to play in the singles of the top ten. i do agree the club champion should be out in the scottish singles as they have earned that privilage. what im saying is does the club champ have to play in the singles of the lanshire top 10.

Lawn_Shodan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Shodan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:19 pm

i would not pick ed murphy or craig brown to play in the singles of top tens or top 6's. i think these guys would be better utilised elswhere in the team. as for that triple mate it doesnt look bad at all. im not sure at the moment who i would pick for the singles so dont ask.

Lawn_Shodan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danboymu on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Totally agree Craig you are defo in it for me big man. You , Craig , Geo , and Eddie must all be there.

Im also with you Geo i think both would be best in teams and maybe not the singles. I dont know who i would pick for the singles as Brian is not there.
danboymu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Jedi on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 am

bhillfan wrote:
danboymu wrote:Really like your top ten , However i would swap A Fleming with A young.

What you think mate?

right on danny,how that big bugger hasn't got me in top 6 i'll never know Rolling Eyes

But you are the 3 names underneath the top six i said that could be put in to, top six would need to be thought about very carefully.
Lawn_Jedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Jedi on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Maybe this will help <<<<<< Click Guys
Lawn_Jedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bhillfan on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Lawn_Jedi wrote:Maybe this will help <<<<<< Click Guys

what the fcuk has that got to do wae bools Shocked

maybe thats how you played crap 2nite,too busy clicking you heels. cheers lol! Basketball
bhillfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Jedi on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 pm

bhillfan wrote:
Lawn_Jedi wrote:Maybe this will help <<<<<< Click Guys

what the fcuk has that got to do wae bools Shocked

maybe thats how you played crap 2nite,too busy clicking you heels. cheers lol! Basketball

Its got nothin to do with it.
Lawn_Jedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum