Bowls, a game or a sport??????

Go down

Bowls, a game or a sport??????

Post  Lawn_Shodan on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:56 am

someone posted that we all get a life as bowls is a hobby, well i would like to know what people think bowls is, is it a game or a sport.monopoly is a game, scrabble is a game. i imagine for some it could be a hobby but for me its a sport. sport can be passionate, sport matters. hobbies dont. bowls is my sport and sorry 3008 im passionate about my sport. making little plastic model planes is a hobby, collecting stamps is a hobby. going hill walking can be a hobby. so people what do you think.
BOWLS, A GAME OR A SPORT?????????????????????/

Lawn_Shodan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bowls, a game or a sport??????

Post  orbyman on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

shodan i reckon a sport. some i think will say otherwise but definitely a sport.

orbyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bhillfan on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:46 am

for me defo a sport,but some people who dont really play that often and are not that serious about the game may say its their hobby Neutral
bhillfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobby Dazler on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:50 am

Lawn_Shodan wrote:someone posted that we all get a life as bowls is a hobby, well i would like to know what people think bowls is, is it a game or a sport.monopoly is a game, scrabble is a game. i imagine for some it could be a hobby but for me its a sport. sport can be passionate, sport matters. hobbies dont. bowls is my sport and sorry 3008 im passionate about my sport. making little plastic model planes is a hobby, collecting stamps is a hobby. going hill walking can be a hobby. so people what do you think.

I dare someone to email them and tell these guys its just a game!

Scrabble Razz Razz

It is a sport and people argue as they are passionate about the sport, its not out of being twisted its about wanting to do the best they can for each other and the club they play for... scratch

Bobby Dazler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Jedi on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:59 am

In the words of Martin Luther King ' I HAVE A DREAM ' and that dream is about me and a couple of females.. oh wait sorry got carried away 'censored word' be posting those dreams on here. Bowls is a SPORT some people may treat it like a game/hobby because there not that botherd about losing or winning. Im am passionate about Bowls and do not treat it like a hobby, just like football even though i do not play as much as i used to but i still have a passion for it, and it is that passion that makes us try and do our very best when we play at any sport.
Lawn_Jedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobby Dazler on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Lawn_Jedi wrote:In the words of Martin Luther King ' I HAVE A DREAM ' and that dream is about me and a couple of females.. oh wait sorry got carried away 'censored word' be posting those dreams on here. Bowls is a SPORT some people may treat it like a game/hobby because there not that botherd about losing or winning. Im am passionate about Bowls and do not treat it like a hobby, just like football even though i do not play as much as i used to but i still have a passion for it, and it is that passion that makes us try and do our very best when we play at any sport.

couple of females? id be happy for you just to get one Suspect

Bobby Dazler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Jedi on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Bobby Dazler wrote:
Lawn_Jedi wrote:In the words of Martin Luther King ' I HAVE A DREAM ' and that dream is about me and a couple of females.. oh wait sorry got carried away 'censored word' be posting those dreams on here. Bowls is a SPORT some people may treat it like a game/hobby because there not that botherd about losing or winning. Im am passionate about Bowls and do not treat it like a hobby, just like football even though i do not play as much as i used to but i still have a passion for it, and it is that passion that makes us try and do our very best when we play at any sport.

couple of females? id be happy for you just to get one Suspect

THATS WHY IT IS A DREAM.. and one day that dream will come true
Lawn_Jedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the doctor on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Lawn_Shodan wrote:someone posted that we all get a life as bowls is a hobby, well i would like to know what people think bowls is, is it a game or a sport.monopoly is a game, scrabble is a game. i imagine for some it could be a hobby but for me its a sport. sport can be passionate, sport matters. hobbies dont. bowls is my sport and sorry 3008 im passionate about my sport. making little plastic model planes is a hobby, collecting stamps is a hobby. going hill walking can be a hobby. so people what do you think.

SPORT. WIN WIN WIN, JUST LIKE THE TEDDY BEARS. Laughing

the doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  3008 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Oh dear what have I started???????????????????????????????????????????? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad It was my opinion and mine only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U all know me and know that I have more to worry about than a game of bowls, In saying that though when I do play I want to win. For me its time out and away from my usual stresses.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danboymu on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 am

its a sport for me , However i dont get the same buss playing Bowls as i did when i was playing football. Its strange but hen i was playing football as soon as i crossed the white line i turned into someone else (oh as i recall Geo you did also , You were crazy plaing in goals).

But defo a sport for me , However i can see where Ann is coming from as its a hobby for her. But i bet when you win Ann you feel even better.

Cant believe i just said something nice to Ann on a GENTS forum. lol Smile
danboymu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orbiston.till.I.die on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 am

danboymu wrote:its a sport for me , However i dont get the same buss playing Bowls as i did when i was playing football. Its strange but hen i was playing football as soon as i crossed the white line i turned into someone else (oh as i recall Geo you did also , You were crazy plaing in goals).

But defo a sport for me , However i can see where Ann is coming from as its a hobby for her. But i bet when you win Ann you feel even better.

Cant believe i just said something nice to Ann on a GENTS forum. lol Smile

Defo a SPORT, regardless the ones who say they go out and play for the fun of it, there is that little bit inside that wants to win, but in me, theres a big bit that wants to win, its called " all the f*$^)@g time !!!!!!!" lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

orbiston.till.I.die

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Secretary on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 am

There are only 2 sports, Shooting and fishing, all the rest are games !!!
The Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawn_Jedi on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:01 am

The Secretary wrote:There are only 2 sports, Shooting and fishing, all the rest are games !!!

Thats a leeds fan for ye.
Lawn_Jedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum